Tuesday 31 August 2010

An Overdue Holiday Beckons

AS OUR CHILDREN return to school (and I can look forward to eating my hotel meals in peace) the Canvey Beat will be entering a quiet period. I will pick-up my new Nikon body from Jessops, later this week, and then venture forth into the English countryside in pursuit of photographic experimentation - and some autumnal stock.

I will leave you with the words of Tom Jea, to ponder over, as his just reward for being the most frequent Canvey Beat visitor this month (and all in the past eight days); but whether we will be reading more from YourLocalTownTalk’s editor is open to question.

Tom’s childish attempts to ensure only his name appears in this Blog’s Recent Comments widget, by making multiple, identical posts, has, on two occasions, led to his comments being treated as spam by Blogger. Both times I have rescued them from this site’s trash bin in order to ensure he can still use his Blogger account and continue making contributions.

If you are reading this, Tom – and I suspect you are – Blogger does not like spammers. That is probably why you had so much trouble trying to use your account here (until I accepted all your posts). However, I have no intention of accepting your spam again – so please limit yourself to single, relevant comments like everyone else.

4 comments:

  1. When you get the stupid thing working again, I will only leave one comment.

    I've apologised for it, I've asked you to take out the extra comments. And it turns out it is actually the blog causing my posting problems all along!

    I visit so much for the simple reason that you dishonestly criticise people so often, and I feel such slurs should be answered.

    I think it tells us all something, that your most frequent site visitor is me, who is doing so only to defend people being maligned on it.

    Tom Jea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks Tom jea doth protest too much - particularly regarding his being a CIIP puppet.

    What is it about people who, like Letchford, Swann and Jea himself feel obliged to point out that they are of "no political persuasuion" before launching into a politically biased diatribe?

    And what gives jea the right to instigate a spam operation on selected CPBC councillors and officers in his leaflet in direct opposition to the democratic process?

    Councillors can only respond to their constituents and officers can never respond to political matters. And yet jea singles out just a handful of Tory councillors and the CEO as the target of his Canvey Pool protest.

    The man is either a CIIP puppet or a complete idiot, in fact I favour both. The only way that CPBC could have been influenced to change their decision was to have had concerned residents contact their CPBC councillor about the matter but neither Spink, Blackwell, the CIIP or jea wanted that. That's why they phrased the leaflet in such a way that the protest could be fuelled without the possibility that the matter would come to full council.

    The stench of Spink and Blackwell is all over Jea's leaflet and his continuous spam on this blog and his childish attempts to disrupt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve apologised several times, and invited you to take out the extra postings- now it turns out you knew of the problems I was having posting comments, and it was you putting them ALL up after getting them out of the trash bin. This blog is below low!

    Also, I think it tells us all something that the most frequent visitor to this blog is someone who only reads it in order to respond to inaccurate slurs against other people.

    Tom Jea.

    As the blog is blocking my postings, I’m having to try putting this one up under Anonymous. Wonder if it will ever appear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beginning to fear for your sanity, Tom - or perhaps you need a strong pair of glasses...

    You submitted identical posts; so Blogger tagged you as a spammer.

    I visited this site's spam bin, noted your posts - and marked each one as 'not spam' in order to rescue your account.

    Blogger then published your posts.

    Your childish spin does not work here Tom - if you had not wanted to disrupt this site's Recent Comment gadget in a spiteful rage: you would not be having the problem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...