Friday 3 September 2010

More Spam From Tom Jea

AS I MAKE final preparations for my overdue vacation, I find that this site’s spam box - once again – contains numerous comments from YourLocalTownTalk’s editor, Tom Jea - who does not permit any comments to be left on his own Web pages. Instead, he seems to be obsessed with trying to obtain the last word on any comments criticising the Canvey Pool campaign on the Echo’s site, and championing the causes of Colin Letchford and the Swann sisters (as if being appointed their sole publicity agent).

This Blog, as readers will know, has a policy of publishing all comments, provided they are on topic and that - provided they are not boring - they libel no one but me. So, for completeness sake, I now publish all Jea’s latest accusations - belatedly.

Interestingly, Tom always takes his time over replying to posts; despite being this month’s most frequent visitor. One wonders if they are actually spontaneous or if he is receiving some help in constructing what he writes.

Tom: Blogger does not notify me when spam is received by this site. I need to physically sign-in to my control panel and review those items myself (which I only do monthly). None of your posts are being communicated to me because, it seems, Blogger has identified your IP address as generating spam. You have only yourself to blame for that.

If you want to post here again: change your IP address (or use an Internet cafe or Canvey’s public wireless node) and post using the Name/URL option – which will also give you the neglected opportunity of promoting your Website(s). Do not use a proxy service because your comments will not be published (and, in future, do not post ‘off-topic’ – because those remarks will definitely be killed).

I have actually permitted your libellous remark, Tom (regarding me being a liar) and I make no apology for quickly removing an unfounded remark when the reader sending me your leaflet’s image immediately emailed me to explain your original flyer was on white paper. However, I was glad to see you still visiting this site so early in the morning. Apart from myself and the late contributor, all other readers were in bed.

Confused visitors will see Cynical Observer’s fingertips holding Jea’s flyer up to his computer’s videocam in the leaflet’s images - which I then put together and captioned in Photoshop. In the second image I had Photoshop render the background in white – but there is still a slight blue cast from Cynical’s computer screen.

You are using a Mac, Tom, and you should have no difficulty in confirming what I say about the images – which both contain Photoshop tracking information. (It is visible in Windows based systems too, via the Properties tab).

... (04/09/2010) - Actually, it seems that the Photoshop information is not visible to all Windows users. It could be that this is a new Windows 7 thing - or that you need to have Photoshop CS5 Extended installed on your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...