Friday 3 December 2010

Oh, What A Wally!

Im StupidI KNEW I would have problems during this Blog’s first live broadcast – and that the technology would have ‘bugs.’ But the ‘problems‘, earlier this morning, were confined to my own stupidity.

I managed the event keeping a wary eye on the system’s visitor counter, wondering why it only peaked at eight viewers and deciding not to engage those few with the various polls I had prepared – because the results would have no statistical basis. Similarly, I confined myself to Parliament’s proceedings rather than broadening the various issues out as I would have liked.

I just waited for readers to log-in and comment to give me a feel of those participating – totally unaware that the system was not counting all those visitors just watching the CoveritLive control panel. When I checked my site stats, just after closing the event down, I found that, while ‘on air,’ 54 unique visitors had been recorded just sitting on the Canvey Beat’s CoveritLive page - without bothering to log-in.

It had never occurred to me how the CiL system could possibly count them!

My sincere apologies to all those readers who took precious time out to see this Blog’s first live broadcast. Next time, I promise, I will not make the same mistake.

Next time I will ensure that I fully engage you by presenting all the polls and interactive content that I promised.

The technology is not to blame (just yours truly)..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...